Spring 2021 Senior Exhibitions

Aidan Piper's Exhibition 

Hi all! It's that time of the year again. Our Senior students not only presented in the NEIU Student Research and Creative Activities Symposium last week, but they also installed their Senior Shows in the Fine Arts Building and in the Ronald Williams Library. Despite the unprecedented times, we were able to go inside the buildings and take a few pictures of some of the shows. Let me tell you, these were stunning! We are so excited to know that we will return to our in person activities in the Fall, so stay tuned for the future Senior shows. 
Here are a few pictures of the shows in case you missed the opportunity to go see them in person. 

Jennifer Kaporis Exhibition 


Ruben Contreras work 


Benjamin Oshana's work

Saira Aamir Exhibition 


Moreover, we were able to have a conversation with a few students. Here's what they have to say about their experience preparing to install their solo exhibitions: 


    "I'd say a lot that changed for me was really having to  create a full home studio for myself outside of  school. School studios really allowed me to have the time and space I needed to do my work, so I had to learn how to set time aside for myself at home to get my work done and also still be able to take care of my family. I also did a lot more online shopping for my art than I would normally do. I like to touch and see things usually before, my canvases, new brushes, etc, but with the pandemic that really all changed and I was kinda forced to just go with my gut and even experiment a bit more with other tools and mediums. It really was unfortunate that we couldn't have a reception either, that really was a bummer, but I tried to make the most of it all through any means I could." Nicole Marie Hagg. 

"I was initially nervous because the thought of working on a big project remotely seemed like such a big feat. And it was. But I received amazing support and feedback from professor Lauren and my classmates. All of our hard work was worth it when we got to visit campus to set up our exhibitions. It turned about great and it was so nice to be tigether as a community again, even if it was only for a bit." Sally Dao 

This is it for the Spring 2021 Semester. We hope you all had a great one and congratulations to those who graduate! We will be back in the Fall of 2021. 



Comments

Popular Posts